Tuesday, February 26, 2013

oh Wow

So during my 5th week of pregnancy, I went in for an ultrasound.  It was our first and we were a mix of nerves and excitement.  Our tech and nurse confirmed that we had one sac that was measuring on target.  T and I were thrilled, it was healthy and I was going to do everything I can to keep it healthy.

A few days after week 6, I came home from work and I noticed that I was bleeding.  Panic entered my entire body, I tried to remain calm and called the dr.  After a conversation with the nurse, I  quickly went to bed to put my feet up and stayed that way.  Thankfully the bleeding was a one time fluke.  That night we both slept poorly obvious to what may be happening.  I was having waves of mild cramps but nothing that I have not been experiencing for the past few weeks.

I worked from home the next day, in bed with my feet up.  I actually was quite productive with a number of meetings and tasks that got done.  We had an appointment at the dr. the next day and looking back we were doing everything to push it out of our minds.

So when the appointment came, we were a big ball of nerves.  The wait in the waiting room seemed to take hours before we were called in.  When we were called in for the ultrasound my nerves grew by 100%.

So the tech began the procedure and then muttered the works "Oh Wow" my heart sank, I heard my husband take a sharp breath.  She was staring at the screen and then said "Last week you had one sac, well that embryo split and you have two"  She printed out a picture to show me, my husband said "Are you serious" and raced to the screen.  Sure enough there were two, with two perfect heartbeats and measuring to target.

Identical twins, we are having twins.



2 comments:

Non Sequitur Chica said...

So excited for you guys!

kilax said...

Oh my gosh! That is amazing! And amazing that you felt it!