Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Sucks

Sometimes it sucks to be so far from your family.

Sometimes it sucks to get a phone call telling your grandmother in another country passed away.

Sometimes it sucks when you can't speak to your mom because she is on a plane.

Sometimes it sucks when your stoic dad gets emotional on the phone.

Sometimes it sucks to realize that the last time you made a trip there was 14 years ago and that money and lack of vacation time prevented you from doing so.

Sometimes it sucks that you could not say good bye.

So yea, sometimes it sucks.

4 comments:

Non Sequitur Chica said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your grandmother. I take it that her passing was unexpected?

Christina said...

NSC-Thank you. She had been declining in recent years but always rallied. So it was not uncommon for her not to be well and then fine a week later. I am not really sure what happened but she passed while at home, so at least she was surrounded by my aunt and other family members.

Nilsa @ SoMi Speaks said...

I'm sorry for your loss. Just remind yourself that loss of loved ones suck no matter what the circumstances ... so, don't be too hard about things you cannot change about the past.

kilax said...

I'm so sorry about your grandmother! My uncle unexpectedly passed away when I lived in Rome and I immediately felt guilty I did not see him the one week I went back to the States. But now, I just remember how close we were becoming and how special our relationship was.

On a side note, I am digging the new layout!