Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Making the best of it

It has been a bit strange to be not working. At first it felt like I had a day or two off. I was productive and got things around the house done and they as the week progressed it got weird, it hit me that I did not have a job to go back to. I have slowly been getting used to the new (abet temporary) reality.

The main thing that is keeping me on schedule is getting up early in the morning, walking the dogs, applying for jobs, running errands, going to the gym. I have to make it a point to actually get out of the house rain or shine. Otherwise, I find myself just sitting at home wasting time. I have my to do list and am ploughing my way through it and now that the weather has improved there are a lot of seasonal projects popping up.

This morning I had an interview with a recruiter and I have been telling friends, family and neighbors that I am looking for a job. I am also shopping to updated interview clothes. I have not found too much, possibly because I am not sure what one wears to interviews anymore. What do you think would work?

I think that this is a way that the universe is telling met o chill out but, I am a bit any to start working again.

1 comment:

Non Sequitur Chica said...

I could see myself getting sucked into lots of tv and blogs if I got laid off. Maybe try to make a schedule or a list of things that need to get done to keep you on track?