Monday, August 24, 2009

The BIG day

I actually slept the night before our wedding. Not too long but I was able to get in a few hours. I was staying at the hotel of our reception so it made things easier.

Saturday
I was up before my alarm, took a shower, ordered room service and just had some "me" time before things started to ramp up. I was on a media black out, I just wanted some quiet time.

The chaos started at 9:30 with my hairdresser (love her) starting on the girls. In the meantime, I was under the assumption that my brother was on his way from the airport to the hotel. Until I saw my mom! She started conferring with my matron of honor and all I could see were hand gestures they were speaking softly. I had to find out what was going on. They did not want to tell me, but finally my MOH blurts out "There was a bomb scare in LaGuardia and they had to evacuate the airport.". My brother was on his plane ready to take off when they had to go back to the gate, evacuate the plane, evacuate the terminal, get the all clear and start the process over again. His 6:30 flight left two hours late.

Needless to say, I was a bit freaking out. Thankfully, we were able to track his flight and once we saw that it took off, we were relieved. Some of my mom's friends were unable to make it as their airlines could not accommodate them in time.

At 11:40 am, I got a text from my brother telling me he is at the hotel. Less than two hours before we had to leave for the church.

There was some high fiving and tears of relief as he made it.

I will do some more re-caps in the next few weeks once I get my photos!

No comments: