Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Like a dog chasing its tail....

I feel like I am running around in circles. Most of the projects that I have been working on this year projects have been halted mid way through or at the end and shelved, split apart, on hold or discarded. It has been extremely frustrating to say the least. I spend days setting up meetings to have them post punned or forgotten about. I work on a certain topic only to be told that is not what I should focus on but rather change my direction completely.

I am just frustrated and have been asking myself, is this what I really want to do?

4 comments:

Nilsa @ SoMi Speaks said...

Not sure what the specifics are behind your troubles. But, I think a lot of companies are struggling to adapt to the new economic reality. And, as they alter their operating model, employees are asked to be flexible, quickly change directions and not take things personally when their projects are diverted. I guess you have to ask yourself whether there is something else out there that isn't so fluid or whether lots of organizations are experiencing the exact same thing you are.

Christina said...

That is a big part of it and I understand it. When you work for a big corporation things happen and changes occur.

I guess the thing that is frustrating me (or rather making me question)is this job what I want to do for the rest of my life. Part of me is just burned out by the industry and I just want something new.

However, times are not good and I should not make any drastic changes job wise just yet. Plus I have no idea what I want to do.

Non Sequitur Chica said...

That stinks. I worked 11 1/2 hours yesterday to turn something in and found out today that I have to re-do it b/c a higher-up decided that she wanted things switched around. *sigh*

kilax said...

Take the time to think about what you really want - what makes you happy! Maybe a pro con list of your job now and of other interests?