Thursday, February 25, 2010

Aloha Recoginition

Hubs has been working on a strategic transformation project for almost a year, in addition to his day to day tasks. This project has taken off like gangbusters but has had him in the office late, coming home cranky and frustrated and put him in front of some executives. His boss's boss hand picked him to participate in this project because she sees his potential.

Last week, Hubs was extremely frustrated and snappy. He could not relax or sleep with all the pressures of work on his shoulder. He (like many others) felt unappreciated and was dealing with a number of personalities with their own agenda that is making him do more work than necessary. It was not good.

On Monday, he grumbled into work. When he came home, his spirits were lifted. He asked if I had looked into any vacations this year (I have been on and off looking a places to go) and when I replied no, he said "That is good because we are going to Hawaii!"

*Insert my mouth hitting floor*

His hard work was recognized by the person who placed him on the project as well as the executive team. He was selected with a few others to join the companies excellence club and will be recognized in Hawaii.

And I get to go! All expenses paid (well except for my taxes).

I am so proud of him and all the blood, sweat and swearing that he has done for his company. I am so glad to be his support! He deserves this!

Of course, now it means I have to hit the gym....well for him, it is worth it!

4 comments:

Nilsa @ SoMi Speaks said...

I think it's great when companies have the means to recognize hard working employees. Sounds like hubs deserves this trip. And since you've put up with the effects of his hard work, you deserve the trip, too.

comebacknikki said...

That's so awesome! :)

kilax said...

That is so exciting! He deserves the trip after all his hard work!

Non Sequitur Chica said...

Ohh you guys are so lucky! You are going to have a fantastic time!!