Friday, February 25, 2011

Thank you but no

I heard back from the job and got a "thanks but, no thanks" or a GFY letter. It was a disappointment and I got upset about it. Over the past few weeks, I have gotten quite a number of them and after a while it gets to you. I know that the job market is competitive and rough with so few jobs, too many applicants, people who will take less salary or had a different set of experiences.

Still, I am trying to stay positive and feed myself the tidbits like "It was not meant to be", "there are other jobs out there", "the job did not fit you" but it is hard to take it and stay in a positive state of mind.

My current job is just making me feel so useless. While I can't get into the details it is sufficient to say that there are a lot of changes that have happened and the powers that be don't fully get our niche and are imposing a vision that just does not fit. With this new power change, my role has yet to be utilized and I see it no longer existing. My projects have all but dried up and I sit there doing very little if anything at all. I want to be busy, I want to be utilized I want to feel accomplished.

But most of all, I want a new job.

4 comments:

Jessica said...

Man, that is a bummer. Try to hang in there. You're taking the right approach by staying positive.

kilax said...

I know this doesn't help, but hang in there. Many people are stuck in this situation right now, trying to find something better, and it will happen! It just takes time. My husband has been unemployed for a year and a half and is just now kind of getting business. Kind of.

I know what you mean about feeling useless though. I hate that feeling! I just try to get organized when I am feeling that way and do something productive!

Non Sequitur Chica said...

I'm sorry you didn't get the job, but keep searching out new opportunities. It is a tough job market so the more you put yourself out there, the better chance you have to get a new job!

comebacknikki said...

Ugh, crappy! Hang in there girl -- it's slow-going, but eventually, something good will happen!