Tuesday, September 01, 2009

The "D" word (nope not THAT "D" word)

One month has flown by, it is hard to believe that a month ago we were getting ready to have our wedding. Now we are settling into our married life together. Hubs and I have lived together for more than two years, so we are used to each other and our habits. But now it seems we are more cognizant of our own habits and more diligent about doing small things to make the other person happy. They are really small things but, they do add up.

We are in debt due to the wedding, not a great deal but still in some debt. It freaks me out the "d" word up until now, I have always paid the balance off on my credit card. This last payment, I could not. It really freaked me out, I had many sleepless nights and have been in a very introspective mood. I also have been looking around the house for assets that I can sell. We have a few things that we want to post on Craigslist so we have decided that anything we make will go towards our debt repayment.

We have also decided to be more vigilant and use a budget when we go grocery shopping or shopping in general. We have been fortunate that we have this grocery store around the corner that is hands down cheaper than most of the major stores and we can go there and get more for less. We also are going to use the entertainment that we already have our gym membership and our Netflix.

Each dollar that we save will be used towards our debt. We are looking at ways where we can cut costs and have some really good ideas to use the craft products we bought for our wedding for the holidays.

We hope to have it paid off by the holidays and we are doing it together!

3 comments:

kilax said...

We went into major debt after our wedding. We should have it paid off in about a year, hopefully.

Lately, we've had to cut back in spending, and we've been fine! Have a fun time with it! You get to be creative!

Gardenqueen said...

There is almost nothing that will destress your life more than getting out of debt. Speaking from experience.

Christina said...

I can't wait to be doen with owing people money (I hate that) but it will give us a chance to be creative. I can't wait to make the flavored oils!