Sunday, April 22, 2007

Blame it on the cyst

So this pain in the abdomen cyst will be out of said body on Wednesday. Due to the size, my dr. is not sure if it can be done laposcopy so that means that they may have to do minor surgery (AKA cutting me open).

I made the BF feel it, you can actually feel it. He was expecting it to jump out of my belly like Aliens. But it did not, athough it did gross him out. Imagine how I feel. It does feel strange knowing that there is this ball of fat, pus and other lovely bodily fluids gathering force in my reproductive organs. Lovely image I know...

This inconvenience has me a bit over stressed. With work, school, and moving, this cyst sure did not pay any attention to the chaos that is my life right now. My mom wants to fly in but I am not sure how I feel about it. The last time she came she came for last years procedure she came with drama and said some really hurtful things to me.

So now she wants me to drop everything to pick up at the airport but she doesn't know when she will fly in on Tuesday. No matter that the boyfriend is helping me out and I was going to stay with him. No matter that I have a 12 page paper due that night as I won't be in class on Wednesday. No matter that I have to pack more things in the apt and was planning on eating grilled cheese. No matter that there will be storms in Chicago which means that O'Hare will be backed up and flights delayed so her flight may not get in until the wee hours of Wednesday morning which is the day of surgery. Well she has gotten wind that I am miffed at this prospect and has not called me to tell me her flight details. So then she will say that I don't want her to come *cue the violins* and all she wanted to do was help (read meddle).

Drama never ceases to take a vacation with her. So I am expecting the ungrateful daughter call soon.

I am surprising calm. Perhaps because the pain has ebbed away but more likely I will be out of work for a week and a half. See the procedure and recovery is approximately 5 days and I had scheduled the last week of April off for the move and I am not changing that so...I am out of the office for a week and a half. So poor, woe is me, nobody matters but me CLA will have to cover. That means she has to stay till 5! Well on the books that is, she leave early no matter what. But regardless this will give me glee. Oh I haven't told her yet about the surgery...I am thinking Tuesday as she walks out the door to go home.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jeez. I hope everything is okay. I'll be thinking of you.

Christina said...

Thanks so much Debbie!

Erin said...

Pretty crazy. Your mom sounds like a hand full. Even if you have the laproscopic surgery, I'm sure you're not going to want to be packing a ton for several days. And you definitely don't want to lift! So, be careful. :)

I have free time -- wish I could help you out.

Christina said...

Thanks Erin! As much as my mom is going to drive me crazy at least I can keep her busy by packing up the things that I did not get to.

This whole medical and moving drama will be over in a week! I hope!