Wednesday, September 19, 2007

burned and toasted

I am sooo burned out from work. When I got to work yesterday I had 118 emails, yep 118! I was gone for one business day. 85% of the emails was from or in regards to the annoying sales rep who shall be called "cousin it" because she looks like cousin it and it is pretty accurate.

I was so stressed out and it took me until 3 to get caught up because of all the distractions and other job issues that tend to pop up. Today was less but of course as the day was coming to an end I still had tons to do. But I don't want to stay late because that sets it all in motion, and then it is almost expected and I do not get paid for overtime. Plus I have been cutting my lunch short by at least 15 minutes.

It is really getting to me. I came home and had to have a drink...that is why I am toasted.

It is going to be a long maternity leave.

5 comments:

Jessica said...

So just how long is her maternity leave scheduled to be?

Christina said...

she is to be back in the middle of Deceember!

The Chicago Blogger said...

Holy crap, that's a lot of email!!

So what kind of drinkie did we have after work? :) Martini? Mojito?

I bought some chocolate mint martini mix the other day and was thoroughly disappointed. Boo hoo. :(

Christina said...

D-No kidding right!

I needed a margarita...but at this point any will do.

Erin said...

Happy belated birthday!