Monday, September 03, 2007

Casa sweet casa

We are home after a world wind trip home. It was so busy and we had a super duper dose of the family and then some.

We were fortunate to have an perfect flight without any drama and we even 15 minutes early! So how did it all go down...well here is the break down:

Wednesday:
We got up at the ass crack of dawn and headed to the airport and we got to NY a little after ten and we were at my parent's house by noon. We had a lunch and then we headed out to the dress maker to get my dress hemmed. We then just hung out afterwards and then we went to Queens for dinner at my aunt and uncle's house. Where we ate such a great dinner, my aunt is a great cook, it makes up for the nagging. She was too busy to comment on my hair,weight outfit etc. My other aunt brought her medicine to the table and offered it to the bf as it helped her lose weight. Talk about insulting! I was so not happy with that comment! My dad was so excited to get the hell out of there but we had to wait for my brother and fiancee to get there and eat as they were late. But he was like a bullet out of a gun when we got the permission to leave.

Thursday
This was "our" day to spend time in NYC. But when I woke up I found a list of things that I was suppose to do. So I had to talk with my mom because that was the only day we had to do things we wanted to do. So she relented...So we headed into NYC and we went to the Museum of Sex
and then had a good lunch at BOLO. We just walked around the neighborhoods and then headed back to the parent's house for dinner.

Friday:
I went to take my aunt to get her nails done, got the hair run through, checked into the hotel and headed to the rehearsal. The priest never showed up and so there was a lot of confusion as who does what. Then we went to dinner and ate so much, it was a really good meal and we ate well.

Saturday:
The wedding, it was a pretty day and they lucked out with the weather. Everything went well as could be expected. I was very helpful and was in the bridal suite to get the bride ready (I did what I was told). The priest was awful, he could not get the names straight and did not do some things that they wanted him to do. But they were okay with it. The photos were at the Pepsico gardens. The photographer was a bit annoying but took some amazing shots. The bf and I got a few formal photos done too, it was my mom's doing. At the reception MR was there and I was so excited to see her. I had such a good time hanging out with her, her hubby and my bf. I danced a lot and got to see some people that I have not seen in ages. However, my dad's family treated me poorly (as to be expected). But My bf and MR got to meet the obnoxious wife of my cousin who is just a totally pretentious bitch so now they have a face to the stories. She did not even say a word to me.

I heard "so when are you getting married" at least 5 times but, we are sure it was muttered more than that! It got old really fast....we started to come up with snide remarks but we did not get to use them. At least it is over and I no longer have to hear about it. I did piss me off that my mom did a lot of work more than the bride. She did the programs, the pew flowers, driving all over the place to run errands and was just stressed. Plus my parents paid for so much and it was just weird to know that. Not to mention, I still feel like the odd one out with my dad's family and it is very uncomfortable. No wonder why I am glad to be spending Christmas here!

Sunday:
We checked out of the hotel and hung out at the parent's house. We got to the airport a few hours early and we made it home to Chicago. We are so glad to be home.

The BF was such a support and he kept me laughing, supported me when I was getting stressed out, and he was and is just so awesome. Now we know what we have to do to top this party!

I am just so glad to be home!

2 comments:

The Chicago Blogger said...

Welcome home, senorita! :)

I'm so glad you survived all of that! Family drama is always so much fun to be a part of. That's why I'm glad we have very little family in Chicago. YAY!

All of the women on my dad's side think I'm a spinster because I'm 36 and still single, so I understand that "when are you getting married?" crap. You just want to tell people to shut the eff up!! Or hit them with a 2x4.

I prefer the latter, don't you? lol

Welcome back! I'm sure we'll be talking soon!

Diana

Joe Important said...

Your BF sounds awesome! Are you going to get him anything for his kindness?