Friday, August 24, 2007

Rain rain go away...on second though

In case you didn't hear the news, there was a major rain storm in the Chicago region yesterday. I mean it came out of no where and it poured. I was at work where it hit like you wouldn't believe, the wind was clocked at 74 mph. Our lights started to flicker then they went out at around 3:30.

I had to head to class so I left at 3:40 and made my way home it took a little long than normal but there was no traffic on the highway! But there were tornado warnings in the loop and all over parts of Chicago. There was a lot of wind damager, windows broken, and tree limbs all over the street.

So I went to work as normal today and the electricity was still out with the power coming on within 72 hours! So about 20 minutes later we were all sent home by our managers and i was home by 9 am. So let the fun things that I have to do this weekend get started....

If you are in the Midwest be safe and careful....there is more rain coming!

No comments: