Tuesday, March 03, 2009

Much less spinning

Today I am feeling better, not 100% yet but better. It is the weirdest feeling that the world is intermittently spinning around you. Thanks to you all for your comments, I appreciated them! You are all awesome but you knew that :)!

On to better things, I had my make up trial this weekend. It was a bit funny because the BF came with me. We had planned to see his brother and his father in the south barbs and since the makeup trial was on the way, he tagged along. It went well, I wore fake lashes for the first time and they took a while to get used to them. I loved the look but I could not wear them every day. One of my teachers used to wear them and then cake them in mascara. If they bothered her she took them off and left them on her desk. Yuck!

Anyway, I was quite pleased with the overall effect and have booked her for the big day. Friday I had my regular trim and am working with my stylist to figure out what to do with my hair. It is very fine and some looks just won't work. I was considering getting extensions but after speaking with her and discussing our options, we nixed that idea.

Those are the fun parts. My dress should be here in a matter of weeks so that I can have my first fitting. Very exciting. I can't wait to see it again. The designer that made the dress does not have any pictures of it on the web so it will be a total surprise. Only my mom and I know what it looks like and it will stay that way.

Plus with our anticipated tax refund we are able to cover some more expenses and that is making us breathe easier. Actually, it is making us breathe a whole lot easier. We will not be in debt which makes us extremely happy.

Oh and we have officially booked our hotels in Paris and Barcelona. So the honeymoon is all booked and done.

T minus 5 months.

3 comments:

Nilsa @ SoMi Speaks said...

Maybe it was all those wedding details that were making you dizzy?! =)

Glad to hear you're happy with your make-up artist and are moving forward with options for your hair. Seems like things are falling into place.

Where are you staying in Barcelona? You do know it's one of my favorite cities!?!?

Anonymous said...

Wow, the tax refund will be a huge help! Awesome timing.

It's so fun doing the makeup and hair trial. It's a fun thing to check off the list ;) Are you looking in bridal magazines for hair ideas?

I am happy top hear you are feeling better.

Lifeofkaylen said...

Wow, fun wedding planning! Booking hotel rooms in great and amazing cities is awesome. That's a reason to get married right there! :)

I am also getting a fat refund and LOVE it-will be using it towards a down payment on my new house. It's the only time I truly really love our government.