Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Shady Pines ma, Shady Pines

So I was talking with my mom about a few things when she mentions that she and my dad saw an all inclusive trip to China. Here is the conversation that followed:

Me: That is not a bad price for an all inclusive trip to China for 14 days

Her: No, but what will your dad eat?

Me: …

Her-What will I eat? I don't like Chinese food with all the MSG

Me: Ma, that is the American version of Chinese food, I am sure in China it is different its better.

Her: Well you know your father (he is VERY particular about food in other countries) in Peru he complained about the food and all the rice so I am sure he will complain

Me:Are you planning on going to China?

Her: No, why?

Me: head banging on my desk

End scene…

My head hurts

6 comments:

Nilsa @ SoMi Speaks said...

A girl can dream, can't she? Ha!

Christina said...

That is the irony of the situation, they have no desire at all to go to China. So she was getting worked up over something that won't happen.

paisana said...

:D

Can I tell you how many times I've had similar conversations with my parents?

For instance, they regularly call me now insisting that I *have* to go on a honeymoon. Don't ask me why they think we're not taking one. I simply don't know.

Anonymous said...

Ha ha ha! I have crazy conversations like that with A LOT of people (unfortunately).

I would love to go to China. I bet the food is amazing!

The Chicago Blogger said...

OMG I think I just had the same conversation with my mother... lol

Lifeofkaylen said...

ha, your talks with mom are enjoyable-to others. This would drive me crazy! :)