Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Not Lazy but still indecisive

So yesterday for the first time in a long time I went to the gym. I am trying hard to be more active and force myself to go. I mean I have a huge motivation, I want to look good for the big day. But in the long term, I want to feel better about myself. Yesterday I took a muscle definition class and it was great. Since each student picks his/but mostly hers weights you can work within your means. We used two types of weights, a resistant band and the step. today my legs are sore but I know that I did something for myself. So I have to just get into the routine of going!

I need your help! Next month, we are taking our engagement photos and I have no idea what to wear. I asked my MOH and her advice is:
-Look like yourself but like yourself getting dressed up and going out
-Try jewel colors (no black or white)
-Stay away from prints

The day after the photos, we have a first communion to go to and I would like an outfit to wear for both occasions. In particular, I am hoping to find a dress.

What do you suggest? Do you have any ideas?

3 comments:

Nilsa @ SoMi Speaks said...

I think engagement photos are all about your personal style. I've seen great photos where the couple is barefoot on the beach in very casual attire. I've also seen great photos where the couple is more dressed up. I think so long as you feel like you're being yourself. And the two of you are having fun during the shoot. Then the photos will be wonderful because they'll reflect just who you are when you're with one another.

Anonymous said...

Yay for the gym!

I like your MOH's suggestions. I think some prints you could get away with though. I really like the geometric ones that people wear now. If I wear doing them, I would probably do some wearing what I would to a nice dinner, and some more casual ones - jeans and a nice top.

Amber said...

I have absolutely no experience with any of this.

Sorry, sweetie!

I'm sure that, no matter what, you are going to look absolutely fabulous!!!

Try not to stress too much and just enjoy the day...

::hugs::