Tuesday, May 15, 2007

So what kind of cheese should I bring for his whine?

There is this student who is in two of my classes this quarter, in fact he sits next to me in one class. Well, he is apparently not doing so well in the two classes not because he is incapacitated in any form but because he is lazy and then whines about how it is unfair that they give so much work and don't they know we have jobs?

This gets me. I understand that when you are a kid you are forced by your parents and the law to go to school, then many choose to go to college. But grad school is your decision nobody is forcing you. Grad school requires dedication and the expectation that you are not to be spoon fed nor is it going to be "easy". At this point you have the ability to make critical decisions, have opinions and are open to learning new things. But nobody is forcing you. You made that choice, you took the GMAT, you got accepted and you decided to attend.

So therefore, stop the whining!!!!

Yep, see I work too and the days that I have classes I get up at 5:30 and I don't get home until about 10:15. But as I chose to go to school, I have chosen to make some sacrifices to see this challenge through. Additionally, the professor is going to do whatever the hell they want to do. Some are more diplomatic than others but ultimately you are in their hands....if you don't like it drop the class. If you follow the syllabus, keep up with the assignments tests and quizzes and participate you should do okay. Yep, they all count and they are clearly stated in the syllabus. Some professors are less focused on participation but, these two professors are not like that. For one it is 35% of our grade...oh yea that is on the syllabus.

I know that you are young and that this is perhaps your second or third quarter but sitting back with your laptop open as you im your friends then sneak a few text messages in will impede your grade.

So act like an adult...if you don't like the situation that you are in you can get out of it. You are pissing those who work hard to do well and balance some sort of life off!

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Print this out and leave it on his desk. :) Oh, maybe you should first strike the part about sitting next to him. Ha ha!