Sunday, September 17, 2006

A milestone...30

I am officially 30 years old today. That is right, I turned 30 and it was a wonderful celebration. I had so much fun...

Friday MR, JC and LW came in from the east coast! I spent most of the day at and around O'Hare and that evening, we went to Lou Malnati's for pizza and then we met up with the boyfriend at Second city. It was so funny and we laughed and laughed and laughed. afterwards we hit Wells on Wells and had a few munches and drinks. Yesterday, we went to do the architecture tour on the Chicago River. Of course prior to that we had to hit the mag mile and do some retail therapy! After that we headed home for wig shopping, dinner and then ready to hit the town.

After the taxi ride from the depths of Hades, we arrived looking stunning at the W hotel and the Whiskey Sky bar. It was a blast J9 was there with her fiance and a friend. PK and his wife came, JT was there as was the cute boyfriend. The guy I met last year with J9 called to wish me a happy birthday so he was downtown and he came up. We hung out there for hours then the four of us and the guy from last year went to Tavern on Rush for a hour or two. Then we all came home.

I had so much fun with my girls...we laughed, talked, chatted, shopped. I have missed them so much it is so awesome to have them back. I was so happy to be surrounded by my friends who have been missing. I am overwhelmed with love for all my friends and I miss them so much. I have such wonderful memories and I was glad that they met my wonderful boyfriend and my Chicago buddies. It was a perfectly wonderful weekend.

Oh and the "girls were out" and on perfect display thanks to some wonderful boob engineers. Whilest leaving Tavern on Rush" a blond and her date looked at me and she says to him "See those, they are real". Perfect ending for a perfect night!

No comments: