Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Just a service charge....

So yesterday, I purchased two tickets to see The Police for the bf and I. I did not think that I would actually be successful but, I was able to get two tickets. I was so excited because I am very rarely successful, the last success was when Elton John was touring a few years ago and came back to Madison Square Garden after being away for so long. I managed to get tickets, my boss did not...that was the beginning of the end for me at that job!

So, I ordered the two tickets and I am doing my "I got Police tickets" moves in my chair then I get to the last screen the check out area. Those bastards charged a $15.00 service fee for each ticket plus $6.00 to print out the tickets. If I opted to have them mail it via snail mail, it would have just cost me $3.50! Oh and if I did opt for snail mail they would mail me the tickets a few days before the event!

I was so appalled. I mean these ticket sellers can get away with it, they are like legalized scalpers. I have bought tickets to Broadway shows, museums, concerts and events and when I use Ticketmaster or any other ticket agent, I pay so much more. I am more of a going to the box office type of girl, at least I will pay a flat rate! If I use StubHub, I know that the prices may not be face value but depending on the event they are reasonable. (***Disclaimer, for sport events when the teams suck like the Cubs)

It pisses me off...

4 comments:

Jessica said...

Woah, $6 to print the tickets?? Uh, you're even using your own damn paper. What's up with that.

This is why Pearl Jam tried to go up against Ticketmaster.

Christina said...

I know!

My printer, my paper, my ink!

Bloodsuckers!

tfg said...

If you think that the markup on concert tickets is bad, try shopping for black market kidneys. Even if you do the installation yourself, the pricing is just outrageous.

Christina said...

Thanks tfg...i hear China is the place to go for them their kidneys