Monday, March 19, 2007

Please sir, can I have another?

Here is the update on the past few days drama.

Car
It is a boy! I got a 2007 civic, black and with only a few miles on him. He has the moniker of Bogart and I got a decent deal with the financing. I am now uber-paranoid and I don't want anyone to park near him. I don't trust other drivers but then again, can you blame me?

Finance final:
Done and over with. Too bad that I found out about the M and A about 15 minutes before the final. So one can make a correct guess that my mind was not on WACC and debt and equity financing. I sold the book and in financial terms "incurred a loss". Textbook publishers are such monopolistic bastards!

Job:
Well, I meet with the buying company on Friday and we went on a tour and had a conference call with HR. She was such a bitch, she was expecting us to willingly sign some papers then and there but when I said no, I want to read them all, you could hear her eyes roll and her brain think "Why DON'T you want to work here?" Well the stick was so far up her ass and when we asked her questions she did not know the answers to and would get all uppity about it. It was quite smug and presumptuous of her to assume that we would jump immediately for joy.

If I take the position they will honor my salary but it would be a title demotion. I would also lose a week of vacation, (that is a HUGE deal for me) and they don't have a job description for me. Oh and they want an answer today. If I do not take the offer, my current pathetic rat ass of a company will only give me 4 weeks severance because I spoke to the other company and per my HR person, that was part of the "agreement". If I was not approached, I would get 2 weeks for ever year...I have been here for 7 years!

This is such a poorly planned M and A, the company we would be working here does not have the room for those that they want. They have no clue what to do with us and our new boss (in fairness does seem cool and had gone through this same thing years ago) was caught off guard as to what to do!

So right now, it is as clear as mud. But to put it mildly I am fucking pissed!

4 comments:

Superstar said...

*whoop* *whoop*
My red flag is at FULL mass sugar!
HR doesn't want you to read it so, they can go back and say, well you signed it. WHAT? you didn't read it?
Never EVER a good sign when they "pressure" you into it.

Take the offer, and then start looking for a new job. Honestly in a M&A (Sounds kinda sexual BTW) they only keep previous peeps, until they can get thier own up and running.

Sorry it's such a icky thing!

YEAHHHHH it's a BOY!!! I had a boy car once. Only girl cars since...LOL ;o)

Jessica said...

Who wants their shitty job anyhow? Wait, do you hear something? I hear it. It's Johnny Paycheck singing, "Take this job and shove it! I ain't working here no more."

Christina said...

I know it is a tough decision but it comes down to health insurance and that COBRA gets expensive fast!

Jessica said...

Health insurance. My dad was self-employed his whole life. He finally took a job about three years back just to get insurance because he was paying $14,000 a year for his own insurance.