Thursday, October 02, 2008

Moment of Zen

We've been to the new gym two days in a row. On Tuesday we just did our typical work out to get a feel for the gym and the flow. Yesterday, I talked the BF into taking a basic yoga class with me. I used to take yoga classes about 6 years ago with my mom. I loved it, I felt so refreshed, relaxed and streach-y (I know it is not a word in the technical sense). when I stopped going, my body missed it. But life went on and I have not really taken a class in years until yesterday.

My body totally remembered the flow and some of the movements. It was like my body was saying "About bloody time". Some of it was challenging but the other part was just relaxing. I had a great time

The BF though it was OK and did like some of it. the instructor had a heavy accent so it was hard to understand her at some points and that made it harder for him. But he gave it a shot and I was glad that he did.

So I plan to take at least one yoga class a week in addition to the other stuff to get my Zen on.
However the annoying cat woke me up at 2 this morning being his normal abnormal self. It was hard for me to get back to sleep. Of course I fall asleep at around 4:30 only to wake up for work an hour and half later! I also had this killer stomach ache this morning. Maybe all the movement and flow caused a mini freak out in the system.

On Saturday I will be taking a book camp class with D and CBN. I plan on sweating and swearing a lot!

4 comments:

Nilsa S. said...

Yoga. Yeah, I miss it. I used to take classes now and again, but could never get into a good routine where I was going regularly. But, I always felt so much better after class. Especially after a few weeks in a row of attending.

And boot camp? With friends? Sounds like a great motivator to get one out of the house on a Saturday morning!

The Chicago Blogger said...

We're gonna die.

I'm already planning our funerals.

The PRM will put on a good show for us. :) She's good like that.

Anonymous said...

Wait...

You know Saturdays is college football day, right??

You're choosing a book camp over football?

Man, I'm disappointed.

I'm afraid I wouldn't be able to get off the floor if I tried Yoga

Superstar said...

Tbe first few days back into the "workout schdule" is always the hardest!

Good luck on the weekend!!!