Monday, August 21, 2006

Pillow fort

I had such another good weekend with the boyfriend...despite the pillow fort and blanket stealing. :)

I started my week vacation on Friday at 4:30 and I headed straight to GP's house! That evening we headed out to eat and just vegged out. Same with Saturday except that I got to pet puppies, there were these tiny little shih tuz puppies that were so adorable! GP liked the pile of boxer puppies. They were all too adorable. I so want one, just a shih tuz!

Chicago had the air and water show along the waterfront. So all weekend youw ould hear the planes fly above and shake the windows. We did see the Blue Angels fly overhead in formation and heard them over and over. Of course it is when I wanted to nap. I fell asleep on the sofa at GP's house on Saturday night while he did some things here and there and then had some awesome pizza and ran more errands. We ended the night curled on the couch with Yukon on the floor watching Amadaus.

Yesterday, GP, his brother "Surly", and I went out west to their niece's birthday. She turned 5 and fun was had by all. I also got to meet another of GP's brother and his wife. But I had fun in te car listening to GP and Surly banter back and forth. It is so cute how they just crack each other up. I also got to see GP's dad at the party and he is a great person. Very witty and smart!

In other family news, I am going to be a bridesmaid in my brother's wedding. His fiance asked me and I was not expecting it. She was very sweet about it and I did appreciate that. I was not really thinking that I would be asked. I know that I've been a bit stand-offish and somewhat bitter but I have to put that behind me and move forward and see what happens

I am off all this week! I am so glad to be out of the office for an entire week! I don't have any plans but I do hope to go to the beach, get a new cell phone(!), clean, read, sleep. Although I feel that I am playing hooky, I will get over it! See over it now!

2 comments:

Joe Important said...

You forgot to mention that it was the best pizza you have eaten in your life, far exceeding NY style.

Christina said...

Noooo, I said it was the best i had in Chicago!