Sunday, August 06, 2006

Weekend quotes

I had a wonderful weekend with my boyfriend. I just adore him, we really had such a great time! Here are some highlights:

Friday:
Jazz showcase with his brother. On the way we were on the Red line when these ghetto girls walked in and sat near us. They were lacking some general grammatical skills and one of them had a baby. Tey proceeded to have a conversation about who was ulgieeeee and yo mama. the quote that was classic was "Oh my gawd, she shitted herself. Damn she in't (yep In't) going to make it to 47. Oh well tese people will have to hold der lungs." Then we had this man behind us who was clearly trying to impress these girls (why I will never understand) and said that he was trying to get some money as he was related to an African Queen. When asked how much it is worth his reply "I don't know, 10 billion dollars". GP and I got off and we both felt like our IQ fell a few hundred points. The story was worth telling and it amused his brother to no end.

The Jazz showcase was really unique. I am not familiar with jazz and this was my first introduction to the music forum. I enjoyed it a lot, the musicians in essence just jammed and then their music would come together. It was very fun. GP and I then had a late dinner at Portillo's. It was yummy!

Saturday:
Well we grabbed breakfast then went downtown to see the Tall Ships Chicago. We walked along the river and the lake. Afterwards we walked down State to hit a few stores and grabbed a bite back near his house. Last night we saw "Strangers With Candy" it was ok, had its funny bits.

Sunday:
We had a nice breakfast and then went to get groceries. Then we went our separate ways. JT baled on his shopping trip. Oh well! It is not my issue and it is so typical of him.

So it was a very good weekend.

No comments: