Monday, September 15, 2008

Ike'd

We got Ike'd this weekend. Two days of non stop rain and flooding in some parts. WE found a hole in our kitchen window that caused a minor leak but a leak nonetheless. So that will have to be taken care of.

Yet, despite of the rain we got a lot of things done. On Saturday it was our typical running around to do errands. So we hit a few stores and bought groceries. We headed out to a fondue dinner to celebrate my birthday early because it falls in the middle of the week. I've never had fondue before and it was a fun experience and the food was delish!

Yesterday was organize the office day. So we spent the day moving the boxes out of the office and filling part of the kitchen and living room. The BF built two bookshelves and we started to move things back in. We have not finished because there is still some work to do. Basically I have to clean and organize my desk and area. However, we are pleased with the results, our office is now more spacious and open. Yukon now has a dedicated spot and more room to move. This week we hope to finish it all up so we can start to actually hang pictures in the condo!

I also make rice krispie treats for the BF and for dinner lasagna rolls. They both turned out to be very good and now we actually have left overs to munch on during the week!

I was hoping to have a house warming/birthday part this weekend but it does not look like it will pan out. So I am thinking that this year will be a birthday sans a party. I am kind of bummed about it but another part of me does not want to be bothered with planning it. I guess it does mean I am getting old!

2 comments:

The Chicago Blogger said...

I love Fondue Stube! Was the string quartet (or trio, I can't remember) there?

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday!!! (Early, I know - but I'm crossing my "t's" in case I'm not around on the day itself).

Parties are almost always fabulous fun! However, it's YOUR birthday. I LOVE birthdays -- they're like personal, dedicated, holidays, just for you, ya know?

And as such, for the 2008 Christina Holiday - you get to do whatever you WANT to do. It's your special day so even if you do the "sans birthday party," I still hope you do something wonderfully decadent that will bring a smile to your face. Even if it's a bottle of wine in a bubble bath for three hours. Or visiting a museum you've never been to, or haven't been to in a longgg time. Just... something. To celebrate being alive.

You deserve it! I'll be sending happy-vibes your way on Thursday. :)