Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Noodles

So on Friday i took a class at our favorite cooking school with these two girls. It was "Italy in Autumn" and there was a varied menu. I was looking most forward to learning how to properly make pasta! The last time I attempted to do so ended up in a crumbly mess and was tossed in the bin. So I learned that I needed more moisture and that most recipes call for extra large eggs so to add one extra normal egg to the recipe.

So on Sunday night I made the dough and yesterday I made the noodles! It actually worked, no crumbly dough! With the help of the BF, we made some fettuccini and ate it with gusto. The next time it has to be rolled out a wee bit thinner but it works. So now I al looking forward to making ravioli, chicken soup with home made noodles, spinach pasta and more.

When shall I expect you for dinner....I am serious.

After dinner, I had a mini freak out when I lost a bill. We changed the layout of our office and in the ensuing mess and clean up it went missing. I am normally so good about keeping them in one place and this one just went missing. the problem is that it is a passbook for the place where we got our couch (they are a bit behind the times) so now tomorrow I have to go and pay in person and explain the situation. I am hoping that between now and then it appears. I won't ask any questions....

Tonight we are heading to the gym. Got to start somewhere I suppose.

2 comments:

Nilsa S. said...

Awww, I love the Chopping Block. Great classes. And learning how to make pasta sounds like a blast. We'll be over at 6:00!

The Chicago Blogger said...

I'm on my way and I'm bringing the jelly doughnuts wrapped in bacon. ;)