Saturday, April 29, 2006

Rain

It has been raining all day today and will rain tomorrow. It is a welcome relief from the sun, sometimes you need the rain to recognize how wonderful a blue sky and sun can be. But rain can be a much wanted as well. It washes away the grime of the world or at least the city. Sometimes the sound of rain against the window can be soothing, maybe a reminder of a heartbeat either yours or someone else's. Sometimes you need the rain for whatever reason, to reflect a mood, a manifestation of an emotion, the sound of silence, or the reflection of the rain in the window. Maybe it makes us want to stay in bed, I know that is what I do, I lie in bed with my head turned into the window watching the drops of water.

I guess for me right now, I am glad to see the rain, to watch it fall, to hear it hitting the window...it is what I need. I don't really know why, maybe the answer is all of the above. The sun will come out soon again as will the rain.

No comments: