Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Where to start

Ok, so blogs have become commonplace in the past few years and although I did not think I would post my thoughts on a public forum, I became curious....about the virtual community, the flatness of the world, the vast opinions, the commentaries and the uniqueness of each person and the common links that tie it all together.

In my life I notice that there are common threads and links that connect people together, most common is pain. Most specifically, the pain of love lost. Love is such a complex word in itself, In Greek there are four words for Love...each representing a facet of the emotion...philia (love for friends, community, loyalty) , eros (passionate sensual love), agape (love of humanity, spiritual love), storge (affection, love between parent and child). We all experience these emotions and feelings.

I guess now that the currents changed in the past few days, my feelings have changed too. I know that I did not love him, I only knew him for a few months. I know that I cared for him, more than he did for me. But the undercurrent of what defines who we are is love we just have to define what it was to each of us, I suppose. But in essence, maybe these past few days will turn into a great friendship or turn into a wonderful set of memories that I can reflect to when I need and want too. Time will tell....but for now I miss him.

It is funny how we live our lives on our own and when we meet a person the subtle changes go unnoticed. Then when they go away even for a vacation or for good, the subtle changes become so apparent. Right now for me, I miss the text messages in the middle of the day to see how work is going and to make sure I did not "kill" a stupid co worker, the phone calls from the bus on the way home that would turn into 3 hour chats, the one line silly emails, the feeling of comfort, the silliness and the whole experience.

I guess it boils down to the fact that I miss our friendship. I am hoping and I know that hope springs eternal....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

although I can offer you no love other than phila (and how appropriate on a day in which I was in Philly-the city of brotherly...or sisterly...love) I do love you. love lost or missed or missed place allows us to love the next deeper...

xo

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.