Thursday, November 16, 2006

I'm late, I'm late

I'm late, I'm late for a very important date, no time to say hello, good bye, I'm late, I'm late, I'm late...(Alice in Wonderland)

That was me this morning, I overslept by about 30 minutes! So I had to scramble to be at work on time (I was 9 minutes late!) but I just wanted to give a shout out to all those who helped me get in those few extra minutes:

-my parking neighbor
Thanks so much for giving me 4 inches of space between my car and yours. I notice that you had a foot on the drivers side, so I hope that you moved with ease into your posh Volvo as I had to climb into my car from the passenger side. I would have blasted my horn to wake you up but I have too much couth for that. Well I hope that you don't mind that I will be taking less care to ensure that my car door does not hit or scratch your car when the wind blows. But I thank you so much for making me twist in uncomfortable positions to get to the drivers seat, I did not know that my hip had that range!

-the cube truck
A big thank you for blocking the alley entrance/exit. You blocked the quickest way for me to get to out of my parking alley to the street to catch the IKE. Thanks so much for putting your hazards on, they really helped me but not as much as your bulk blocking the way. Thanks so much for staying there after I honked for you to move. I really appreciated how you just stayed there and I had to back up and go a different way. Don't mind the fact that the car behind me did not know that you were there too and almost hit me. Really that gets my heart and blood pumping.

Without you I don't think I would have been 9 minutes late....I would have been on time.

No comments: