Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Vote

I voted this morning, I got up at the butt crack of dawn to go to the polls at 6. Since today I have class I don't have any time before class to vote. So I went this morning and I cast my dye...hopefully it will turn the tide blue.

But there was one referendum that I found interesting the question read in part "...for the sake of our children, do you support the ban on assault weapons?"

It was very interesting because it made me thinks well, would I support the ban if it wasn't for the children? Are children the ones who fire the assault weapons or are they the majority victims of assault weapons? Why did the writers throw "for the sake of our children?" in the question, doesn't that automatically bias the voter. If you vote no, do you not care for children? Interesting how one phrase can alter the entire statement. It could have said "do you support the ban of assault weapons?" that would have been clear easy and less bias.

Ahhh, the manipulative power of politicians at their finest...for the sake of our children!

No comments: