Wednesday, December 27, 2006

A dose of NYC


I saw my girls today (and a guy, can't forget about MR's hubby). I was so excited to see them and they are just two of my closest friends. I had such an awesome day in NYC.

I met MR and R at Grand Central where we took a bus up to the Guggenheim, They had a really amazing exhibit about Spanish artists from Goya to Picasso. There were some wonderful pieces from El Greco, Goya, Picasso, Miro, Gris, Dali and Velasquez. It was a lot of fun. I've never been to the Guggenheim before, I guess I always took it for granted when I lived in NY and I tend to go to the Met or the Museum of Natural History when in NYC because they are bigger and that is where some of my favorite pieces are. Next time I want to hit the Moma and the Whitney.

After the museum, we took the bus down 5th and as we were heading downtown, there was such a crowd then I realized that we were near 3o Rockefeller and there was the tree and it was so beautiful but the traffic was a mess. We got off at 33rd and Park (near my old office) were we took the 6 to Union Station (14th street) to switch to the N then we changed to the R and headed to our old haunts of Bay Ridge where I used to live. We meet PD for dinner.

We had such a good time, it was so awesome to get together and talk and laugh. I so miss them but it was great to see them and they look amazing. Then MR took me back to Grand Central.

I miss NYC but tomorrow I am heading to Chicago and I can't wait. This trip was not as bad as I expected it to be, mom was bearable, my brother is not, he is still not on my "good" list.

Anyway, off to the Midwest soon enough!

No comments: