Tuesday, December 19, 2006

I despise the USPS

Ok one more post, I despise the USPS and UPS for that matter but that is more of a work related rant!

I ordered the BF Christmas gift over a week and as of yesterday it still has not arrived. I spoke to the sender the other day who told me that they mailed it and if I don't have it by today to give them a call. She commiserated with me because the same thing is happening to her, she said that in her experience the USPS in the Chicago land region are the worst! No kidding!

I know that it is the "busy season" but at the same time, I ordered it thinking that I would have plenty of time and now, it is late. I feel really bad and the BF says that it is okay but I just would like to give him his gifts before I leave.

Also did you know that it is illegal for your post person to accept any monetary gifts for the holiday. They are technically allowed to accept gifts (preferably perishable) less than $20.00. However, I sincerely doubt they report any extra tips along the way. Well maybe that explains the delay as it is Chicago! No government agency works without a little "gift" or promise of a big gift.

Regardless, this girl is pissed!

No comments: