Friday, July 07, 2006

Fair thee well angel lotus wonder twin

Well today is Miss J's last day here at this company and I am so thrilled for her new adventures but I am so going to miss her. I worked with her for 6 years and never met anyone like her. She is strong, kind, funny, witty, blunt and a dedicated worker and friend. I am fortunate to have her in my life.

When I first met her 6 years ago on Madison Ave, I was afraid of her. She was definitely a force that you don't want to mess with. But she and I began a great working and friendly relationship. We used to work early so we had a few hours before the masses came in to get things taken care of and we had so much fun. When we moved offices in NYC, there were three of us who worked early so we really had fun. Each of us had a "song" and we called ourselves "Charlie's angels" because the three of us would gather around a speakerphone to talk to our "Charlie" in London almost everyday! There were such wonderful memories...trying to change the water bottle, the famous cinco de mayo incident when someone (not me) got drunk on strawberry margaritas, the Remote Lounge, the quiet party, the nights at the Gingerman and the Catwalk. Not to mention San Antonio, our Scot's good bye party, Hogs and Heifers, Easter with my fam (she got to meet my Charlie) and the paella, Ria's wedding. Recently there was the sametime talks, my venting about the idiot zoo, the stories about our fam and friends, her peach cobbler! All of these memories we shared together.

She and I called ourselves angel lotus wondertwins over the years. (not to mention the BCs or bastard children). Angel for our days in the NY office, lotus after the Buddhist saying "the deeper and thicker the mud, the more beautiful the lotus blossom, and wondertwins after the cartoon.

I know that we will always be friends and we will be "maids" in each other's big day no matter who, where, what and when that happens. I will miss working with her but I know that there is a master plan and now that she is making a change there is a reason to it. I am proud of her and proud to call her a good friend. She has been there when I was down and I have been there for her and we always will. Love you Miss J, be the butterfly!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awww...that's enough to make Miss J's hard-candy shell crack :) I love you, sweetums! Thank God for being so wise to cross our paths...b/c somebody might've gotten seriously hurt otherwise...ROFLMBO! Ciao, bella!