Monday, July 17, 2006

We could have stayed in and watched The Valachi papers



That is what the GP said to me on the El on the way home yesterday. I promptly burst into a fit of giggles! It was a very long, packed and fun weekend!

After work on Friday I dashed to run an errand and then headed to see my GP. We went out to dinner and just hung out and had a nice time. On Saturday, I made him his surprise breakfast and it was yummy if I say so myself. We then headed to the beach. the beaches along The lake are really interesting because you are sitting on sand and the water is beautiful and then you look up and see the Hancock buildings and the skyline! After sitting on the beach and swimming in the lake, we went to Old Town. There we hit a really amazing spice shop. This place had spices from all over the world. There was about 30 types of curry, countless dried peppers, black sea salt from Hawaii, pink peppercorns, vanilla from Madagascar, and so many other highlights. It was so reminiscent of the old niche stores, it had so much character. Then after that detour, we made the mistake and went to a pet store where there were two dogs that I wanted. They were such adorable puppies, it made me miss Charlie. My poor GP had to listen to me whine about how much I wanted a dog! To appease us, we went to the chocolate shop where we purchased fudge!

Yesterday, we went to the Shedd with J9, TS and his daughter. I love the Shedd it is one of my favorite places in Chicago. I love the seahorses and sea dragons, the ottos, beluga whales, dolphins and penguins. We all had a good time and I have a new stuffed penguin named "KK" on my desk at work. GP and I took a water taxi to Navy Pier and we walked and walked oh and walked! We were tired when we got back to his place. I did some reading for class tonight he watched the news and by 10:30 we were half asleep!

The rest of the week is not going to be fun for me. I have mom coming in tomorrow and the procedure on Wednesday! My nerves have started.

No comments: