Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Food and fireworks

When a holiday falls in the middle of the week it so messes with me. I am tired and I feel like I was shorted a day for the weekend. However, my manager did let me go home early on Monday so I got out of here before there was any major traffic. I was able to get some errands done and did a load of laundry before I headed out to be with GP. We had a nice quiet mellow evening together.

Yesterday we spent a lazy morning he made me watch "Harvey Birdman, Attorney at Law" and it was too funny. We then headed out to a BBQ that his dad was hosting. I met most of his family and they were all really nice to me. His dad's dog Dixie and I became fast friends, perhaps it was the cheese or sausage. His nieces also warmed up to me and one of them drew me a picture that I will put on my fridge door. It was a nice time and there was tons of food. There was enough to feed a small country and there would have been leftovers. It was all yummy!

This morning it was so hard to leave. GP was all wrapped up in his duvet and Yukon was up and was following me as I got ready. But I know I will see them in a few days so that will make the rest of the week fly by.

No comments: