Thursday, February 22, 2007

Wishing for blissful ignorance

Ya know the saying "knowledge is power and ignorance is bliss" well it is sure as hell true.

There is some noise on the street about our company is going to be either bought or become another joint venture. Well the rumors are about office closures and job loss abound and the senior management team is not saying a word as to if this is true or not. It is kind of like they are denying the fact that there is a pink elephant in the room as they are feeding it peanuts. Some of us think that if this was all bullshit, it would have been addressed weeks ago when the noise began.

I had a colleague/friend call me almost in tears asking me what could she do if they actually go through this M and A? I don't know what to tell her, I don't know what I will do either, it just sucks because my life is going to be majorly affected b this news but I don't know how or what will happen to me and it is frustrating. I HATE when people make decisions about me that have a major impact on me and my life!

No comments: