Tuesday, February 27, 2007

The match is lit

*Cue Mission Impossible theme song*

I am starting to feel a bit burned out by school. I am tired and I have classes twice a week until Thanksgiving (that includes 10 week classes in the summer). I suppose part of it is that I am taking finance and it is not fun and it seems to drag on and on! Last year it did not seem that bad but then again last year I knew less than I do now.

My quarter is up in two weeks and then I have "spring break" but I will still work my crazy hours. I think that is part of it too. I have to be at work at 7 on the days I have school so that makes for a very early morning and I am not a morning person. Plus the days I have school I don't get home until about 9:30 and that is early. I've gotten home at 10 and then I have my things to do like, make something to eat, make lunch, download the podcasts to the i-pod, talk to the bf, do dishes, and get ready for bed. If I am in bed by 11:30 it is a good thing.

It is just wearing me out.

2 comments:

Jessica said...

Let's hear it for paper plates. No more dishes! Okay, it's not environmentally friendly to be throwing away paper plates when you can wash reusable ones, but you'll be saving water. That's the one and only time-saving suggestion I can come up with on your list of daily activities.

It's so funny how perception bends time -- shrinks or expands it, really. A couple of days ago someone was asking me when we were going to start on baby number two. After researching ideal spacing between children (because I'm anal-retentive), I responded with, "When Seth is 17 months, so that would be... November! That's less than a year from now! That's just around the corner! How is that possible??" But if I were walking around in your freakishly tiny, size-four shoes, I'd be miserably contemplating the upcoming months, too.

Try to think of it this way. If you cut back on school, you're going to regret it when your currently scheduled graduation date passes you by. So if you can just hang in there for a few more months, you'll be done with school!

Christina said...

You are so right! Time is relative but it is so hard to imagine what it will be like next quarter or even next week. Sometimes classes fly by other times it drags on. I guess it is all perception.

I know that I am going to keep on keeping on but, sometimes it gets a wee bit too much. I need a manservant to make me dinner, clean, do laundry so that I can do homework...but alas, the BF refuses to wear the black mini skirt!