Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Going forward by going backwater...

Well since I am still very pissed off at my job I've decided to amuse (or disgust you) with some of the happenings in the office:

-they have decided to charge the vending machine guy "rent" because his machines use our company's electricity and takes up space. I think by the spring we won't have vending machines.
-the managers decided not to re-fill the first aid kit. Meanwhile, our facility has people who work on machines with movable parts, deal with cardboard and paper and drive fork-lifts. So when someone was injured today, you can see the drops of blood on the floor and near the empty first aid kit. The "Napoleon" manager did not see what the big "Fucking deal is" over lack of a band-aid. Just wait until something more serious happens.
-Again the Napoleon manager told one of his staff members that she is not allowed to speak to certain people.
-My manager told me on Monday that I can't leave early on Friday's anymore (I used to take a half hour lunch and leave at 4:30) because my colleague here was complaining so effective this week I have to stay until 5. Oh and CLA (cranky lazy ass), the one who complained she gets to leave early. I had made plans for Friday assuming (obviously mistakenly) that I leave early and now my boss will dock the 30 minutes from my personal day allowance.
-My new early day will be Thursday but that is an issue because CLA refused to switch days so we both leave at 4:30 and one colleague in NY has to stay until 6.

Any wonder why it is time for me to go?

2 comments:

Jessica said...

Good lord, I hate catty coworkers. What the hell do they care when you leave?

I remember one year in particular when I was so depressed as to be barely functional, and I nearly lost my job because I couldn't make it to work by 8:30. It wouldn't have been an issue "except it was affecting department morale." In other words, my bitchy coworkers were complaining. Eventually, management instituted flex time because I was able to provide documented proof of Seasonal Affective Disorder. I suppose you could call it a "reasonable accommodation" for my disability. So were my coworkers happy that they could take advantage of flex time whenever they wished without also having to demonstrate their own mental disorder? Of course not. They bitched because it seemed to them that I was getting away with something or somehow beating the system. Of course, none of them work here anymore... >:)

Christina said...

No Kidding right? But since my dept. is phone heavy, they have to ensure coverage just in case we get a rare after 4:30 call. It may happen, just like dinosaurs will again walk the earth!