Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Idiot zoo

That is how I feel about my company, I work at an idiot zoo. Just some highlights of the day thus far:

-a 40+ year old woman who whined to me because she did not want to make a phone call to an internal person because "she does not know who he is". Mind you most of the people she talks to on the phone she has NEVER met.

-my colleagues discussing braces and my male (el cheapo) colleague is recommending his orthodontist saying "his office is not nice and he is a bit rude but he is cheap". He offered to call and make an appointment for her kid. I suspect that it may be a free tightening for every referral!

-my colleague talking to one of her 4 kids about which matchbox cars he should save for his younger brother. Then subsequent phone calls every 15-20 minutes to see if chores were done. This has gone on since 8.

-a guy in my NY office who neglected to send stuff out to a client in dire need.

-the guys here who did not feel/think that they should send out a parcel until today even though I asked them to do it on Friday. As a result, I am pissed, my boss is pissed and my sales rep is pissed and el cheapo is questioning why we need to overnight it. Because you numbskull I need it there by Friday and if it was done WHEN I asked for it, we would not have to eat the costs.

So yes, this is an idiot zoo! Take me away!!!!

No comments: