Friday, June 16, 2006

Softening the fall

Yesterday, I spoke to my doctor and got the news that I was dreading, I need to undergo a surgical procedure to remove these pesky cells. Of course, I was not as rational as I a now about this situation and I promptly burst into a state of hysterical sobs in the parking lot. I sent a text message to a few people and made a few calls and the response was overwhelming. The first response from everyone was "what can I do? What do you need from me?". Those responses made me realized how lucky I am to have such wonderful people, my friends and my family, in my life. So I have to go in a few weeks to have the pre-surgery consultation then we will figure out when I will undergo the procedure. I am not pleased with it but then again, it was caught early and it will be taken care off and I can move on.

Maria offered to fly in, Pete said to call him if I needed someone to take me to the doctors, my mom will be flying in. I am overwhelmed in a good way.

One person absolutely surprised me with the words that he said. My pirate was just so supportive and was my rock during my sobbing then he made me laugh. He said some really sweet things to me and it really touched me. I was afraid and ready to have him go but that was wrong of me. I made incorrect assumption based on how certain people acted and behaved towards me when I was younger. He is going to be there for me and only a simple thank you can encompass so much that I hope he knows.

From Wicked, this song, "For Good" says what I want to say to all my fam and friends...

I've heard it said
That people come into our lives for a reason
Bringing something we must learn
And we are led
To those who help us most to grow
If we let them
And we help them in return

Well, I don't know if I believe that's true
But I know I'm who I am today
Because I knew you:
Like a comet pulled from orbit
As it passes a sun
Like a stream that meets a boulder
Halfway through the wood
Who can say if I've been changed for the better?
But because I knew you
I have been changed for good

It well may be
That we will never meet again
In this lifetime
So let me say before we part
So much of me
Is made of what I learned from you
You'll be with me
Like a handprint on my heart
A and now whatever way our stories end
I know you have re-written mine
By being my friend:
Like a ship blown from its mooring
By a wind off the sea
Like a seed dropped by a skybird
In a distant wood
Who can say if I've been changed for the better?
But because I knew you:
Because I knew you:
I have been changed for good

And just to clear the air
I ask forgiveness
For the things I've done you blame me for
But then, I guess we know
There's blame to share
And none of it seems to matter anymore

Like a comet pulled Like a ship blown
From orbit as it Off it's mooring
Passes a sun, like By a wind off the sea
A stream that meets, like a seed
A boulder, half-way Dropped by a
Through the wood Bird in the wood

Who can say if I've been changed for the better?
I do believe I have been changed for the better?
And because I knew you
Because I knew you
Because I knew you:
I have been changed for good.



2 comments:

Joe Important said...

I suspect the Pirate would have offered to take you to the Doctor and such....he was just too worried about you to make such an offer.

Christina said...

Well we both know that we will be okay...it will all work out for each of us together.