Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Accounting will begin

My summer session begins today. For the next 5 weeks I will be taking accounting twice a week. I already read two chapters and it is coming back to me, COGS, GAAP, balance sheets, T-sheets...ACK! My memories of three semesters taking accounting as an undergrad are not necessarily fond. My first accounting prof. was ajunct, boring, dull and incompetent. My second accounting teacher had a massive Napoleon complex (there is an oxymoron for ya) who was an avid Giant's fan and he had questions regarding the team on his quizzes. My third class was cost accounting and that was the least painful of the three! I had nightmares when it came to balancing a spreadsheet, calculating depreciation, stock splits etc. I hated it. I suspect that this class will not be too bad as it is more analysts rather than imputing the figures. So I hope it will not be too horrible. But it is only 5 weeks, I can make it!

Well, the highlight of the week will be tomorrow. We have plans to do nothing together and I am looking forward to it. We are going day by day and each day that comes and goes and still makes me smile is a good day. I hope it is the same for him.

No comments: