Thursday, June 22, 2006

Cast of work characters...

I a not sure what to write about today. Things are a bit quiet for me. I am a bit tired but that is because it is towards the end of the week. I am looking forward to some time with my pirate tomorrow so that is my light to the week.

So instead I decided to describe some of the people that I work with because I am at the point where I am going to go nuts! I've been in this company for over 6 years and after a while it gets to me and now is no exception.

El cheapo...he and I used to be closer but, he took that to a new level last year when he said that I am getting old and if I want to have kids I should consider my options. then he became a minor supervisor and it made his head and ego grow disproportionally to the actual position. The reason why his name is el cheapo is because I have NEVER met anyone as cheap as him, he is not thrifty he is cheap. One of my favorite stories that I was told was how he once ordered the same steak as his former manager but the managers steak was a tiny bit bigger and el cheapo complained about it for days! He told me that when he and his fiance go out, they sometimes order one meal and she has water and the salad while he gets everything else. My experience was when we went out to lunch to a local joint. We used to go there are least once a week and one day the cashier gave me a "VIP" discount, I mistakenly told him and for the entire week he complained that he was there more than I and I get the discount. He is currently in charge of internal and external supplies and the paper he order at " a great deal" is almost translucent! He monitors every supply order and goes to task if we dare ask for overnight service. I pity his fiancee but then again she has been with him for a few years so she should have run before he put that diamond (or cz), whatever gave him a "great deal" on her finger. I mean he has a condo and he put both of their names on it but she wasn't living there but is expected to pay half of the mortgage!

CLA-or chatty lazy ass- is my colleague. In my opinion, she is just that chatty and lazy. But not interesting chatty but rather she does not appear to have any friends so all her stories about her husband, twins and other two kids get passed to us. A simple how are you is a 20 minute conversation, people have actually walked away from her as she is talking and yet she continues. She is also very explicit in some of her stories, like about her husband's vacetomy reversal surgery...the image is still stuck in the recesses of my brain. In NY a few weeks ago she acted like a ungrateful insolent child. I was amazed at this woman who is almost 40 threw such unnecessary fits! Not to mention that she is lazy, all she does all day is speak to one member other family, then calls another member to relay information. If she is ambicious she will plan about her vacations, actually speak with a customer for hours and leave early!

whinny-this is a new one. She has been here long that I have but after her cranky fit the other day she must be mentioned. She is an older woman who is afraid of change in her job. She asked me for a form while noticing that I was eating my lunch. When I told her she would have to contact an internal person she told me that she was uncomfortable because she never met him. all day she speaks to internal and external people whom she has never met. Pissed me off to no end.

Late one, he comes in whenever he feels like it while his work piles up. What he does affects what I do. So any delay in his processing affects my clients. But his theory is that "it will get done" eventually. You can light a fire under his chair and he would not move until his skin started to blister. He saunters in at 9, 10, 11, 2 while we are fuming waiting for him because there are some critical issues that he needs to work on. He is a nice guy but I avoid him because of his un-professionalness.

So those are some of my daily local cast of characters...is there any wonder why I need to get the hell outta here???

No comments: