Monday, June 19, 2006

Mom weekend

Mom came into town this weekend and we made it without killing each other. I love my mom, I do but she can get annoying! She tries to be helpful but instead drives me nuts. For example, on Saturday morning she got up really early and when I woke up the kitchen was spotless but that is not bad but she moves my things. There is a method to my madness I feel that I have no clue where my things are because they are "put away". But I don't "put things away" because I am short and need things close at hand! My entire kitchen is "organized" but not in the way I want it to be. ACK!!! So as soon as her plane is in the air my kitchen will be mine again.

But for the most part it was a good weekend! On Saturday we did some errands and got the plant for my Midwest mama! Then we stopped by to drop it off at her house. So my mom and my Midwest mama got to gang up on me. But it was decided that after my surgery I will stay in my apartment. My mom, Midwest mama and dad will be there during the surgery and will make sure I make it up the stairs ok and make sure I have all that I need for the following few days. Then I got teased about the first time that I met and hung out with JT. It is bad enough to have one mom but two...aye! Well it is not so bad I suppose it means that I am loved.

Yesterday we went to see the Cubs get whooped by Tigers! Mom really liked seeing Wigley field. and she was able to add that stadium to her list. Today while she is home I will be working a few hours here. God only knows what my apartment will look like! All in all it was good weekend and mom will be back in town for the surgery in a few weeks.

The only downside was that I did not get to see my pirate. However, we did get to chat a few times and there were some sweet and silly text messages that went back and forth. I will see him tonight and I can't wait. It is strange how much I really want to see him and just talk, hang out and just be. It has only been a few weeks but I missed him after not seeing him for a few days.

Also just want to put this on record...JT is not a horrible person!

No comments: