Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Cuppa tea

Tea is one of my drinks of choice and it has been for many many years. I love it and now that I am getting older I can appreciate what it means. In the UK 3-4 pm is tea time, it is just a few minutes to sit back have a cup of tea and take a moment for yourself. When I worked in London, the kitchenette would be packed around that time with staff waiting for their cup!

I tend to drink 1-2 cups a day, both hot and cold sometimes. In the winter I tend to drink a bit more just to warm me up. At night, I drink either blueberry or mixed berry tea. But my new favorite is mango Ceylon from republicoftea. I got addicted to it at school because there is a coffee shop downstairs and so one day during break I got a cup and ever since I have been addicted to it.

On the weekends, I sleep in and after I get out of bed I make a nice cup of tea and watch the food network. Well lately, I haven't been at my place on the weekend but I woke up on Sunday with a nice cup of tea and an even nicer boyfriend. It may explain how happy I am. Just a simple cup of tea meant so much...

2 comments:

Joe Important said...

Tell me more about tea. What is the proper tea for tea time? Is Earl Grey a breakfast tea? Which tea gets lemon which one gets cream? I'm so confused. :-)

Christina said...

well proper tea time is in the afternoon per British standards. For me anytime is tea time....Earl Grey is more of an afternoon tea but can be drunk in the morning and black tea is the best with lemon.