Monday, May 08, 2006

Sleep

I never seem to get an adequate amount of sleep anymore. Part of it is due to my schedule thanks to school. On days that I have classes, I have to be at work an hour earlier and that means I have to get up earlier than the rest of the week. My body clock is out of wack and it is really becoming apparent. I am now using "industrial" strength concealer to hide the circles under my eyes.

I tend to try and sleep in on the weekends but that does not always work. Also part of the problem is that I tend to get my second wind late at night. I find myself cleaning my apt., paying bills etc at 10 or later at night. Maybe that is a way to distract myself from falling asleep. I find that sometimes I sleep better with someone next to me. I think I still miss that.

A few weeks ago, I had issues falling asleep due to the things that were going on in my life. I would try to start to fall asleep in front of the TV because, if I laid in bed my mind would go in different directions and I would dwell on things that I could not do anything about them. so I would get frustrated and upset so that I would not be able to fall asleep for some time. So TV would distract me enough to fall asleep but that is not the healthy thing to do.

Well I guess this is how things are going to be unless I get another job (fingers crossed) or finish school (18 months to go!). I just need sleep!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.