Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Staying put

I made my decision to stay in Chicago for the weekend and not go to NY. I don't think that Dad is pleased with me but I have my reasons. I have a lot of homework to do especially because it is now becoming crunch time with my finals around the corner. There is suppose to be some bad storms in the Chicagoland region (they've already started) and the prospect of sitting in O'Hare trying to make a flight is not that appealing. Finally, I just really don't want to go home to fight with my mom. She did call me after I emailed her and dad that I would not be heading out. She was not mean and did not put up a fight. I think that she knows that what she said to me last week was cruel and did upset me (obviously) and that I am not ready to come home if those words are still lingering. She and dad do want to come out to visit but with the work trip to NY and finals, the next few weeks are booked.

Maria and Patricia will probably not be pleased that I am not heading out. I do really want to see them too but they are caught in the circumstances. I will also be missing the "killing of many things" BBQ at Maria and Rob's but, there is always next year.

Ever action has a consequence and a reaction...so I know that this decision will resound.

On the upside my headache is gone...because it is raining or the advil or both!

No comments: