Friday, May 19, 2006

What I need right now

What I need right now is the large bottle of white wine and Snicker bars! But those will wipe out my feelings temporarily. What I really need is to be with the people that I want to be with. I know that I have been pushing some people away but that is because at this point in time, I can't/don't want to be with them. I want to be with my friends who can understand what is going on with me and the whys and hows. I am fortunate to have a few. In fact I have discovered this quality in some new friends too. Those are the people I want around me...I want to be distracted, I want someone to commiserate with, I want to vent but I really want some one to hold me especially since I have been emotional. I don't want to hear "It will be okay", I want to hear "Damn that sucks!" because right here, right now....my life sucks!

JT invited me to go to a conference with him tomorrow at the U of C with Latin America business leaders. I think that it will be good for me to get out of the apt and do something. Not to mention, it will be interesting to hear what they have to say. In London, I worked for the Latin America desk for the former DTI and I got to attend a few conferences and meetings and I learned so much. It will be good for me. Of course there is a big "if" which is if JT gives me all the details. He can be flighty sometimes but, if it all works out then I will spend the day learning something and with a friend who gives great hugs and says "Damn, that sucks!"

No comments: